A Bit of a Catch Up (6.7.14)

Sorry for not posting in a few days, it’s been a little busy. I’ll catch you all up on whats been going on since the first day.

Like I eluded to before, we continued – and completed – our strenuous three days of golf while adding three sets of morning tennis for the final two days. It was exhausting..

Unfortunately, this was the second year in a row I was out of the country for the 4th of July. If there was any day I’d want to be home it’d be that day but things don’t always work out. Us gringos made the most of it though.

Yesterday mostly consisted of bonding with locals over the futbol games at a sports bar. “Oohs” and “Ahhs” and “GOLAZOOOOs” don’t need any translations. We then ventured over to Emi’s sons house for after bar drinks where we were able to find common ground and with my poor spanish and their decent english, communications proceeded slowly but were underway. Of course Max bonded with Emilio, Emi’s grandson, over FIFA 2014. An easy to find common ground there as well.

Later that night, Bro, Emi, Max, Mom, and I ventured to Zona Central to take part in the weekend festivities and explore the street vendors stands. What if I told you corn with mayo, cheese, and chili pepper may be the most delicious thing you’ve ever tasted? Don’t knock it ’till you try it because it blew my mind away.

Today called for a 6:00 AM wake up call in order to drive my dad to the airport. Thank goodness we left early because a wrong turn here, a wrong turn there, turned into an hour long search for the entrance to Terminal 1 at Benito Juarez International. Seriously Mexico… lets get some better signs. Either way, our (mis)adventure brought us to a local meat market, which was an experience in short terms.

A whole kilometer of meat was just what I needed at 8:00 AM in the morning. Pigs heads, full-sized cows, thighs, hoofs, the whole nine yards. Needless to say it smelled delicious (sarcasm intended).

The rest of the day consisted of walking around town, visiting the Mexico City Zoo, eating, and shopping.

Possibly the highlight of my day was this beauty:

(scorpion, tarantula, cockroach)

Yea… I wasn’t too excited about this experience but I had already called Max out on being a Wuss so I couldn’t back out. Like I said a second ago, it was an experience none-the-less.

We’ve only got two more days left and I think the plan for tomorrow is to visit a ancient Aztec pyramid. It’s obviously been a long day for me so I think it’s about time to hit the hay.

For Now, Salud!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s